I really missed being with you this week. Below is the outline of a message I preached at the EWPC – Billtown Road morning services. I hope it blesses you. BE STRONG & COURAGEOUS.
- Nobody wants to be a ‘wannabe’
- Joshua 1 is the transition of the people being wonderers to becoming conquerors
- Joshua represents going from a ‘wannabe’ to a conqueror
- Joshua 1: 2-9
- V. 6, 7, 9 – Taking possession of what God has for you, requires you to be strong and courageous!
- What does it take to develop strong and courageous mindset?
- Now Arise – Change of Mind – Decide not to sit there
- V.2… now therefore arise, cross this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them, to the sons of Israel.
- You must decide not to remain where you are.
- 2 Kings 7: 3 Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, “Why do we sit here until we die? 4 If we say, ‘We will enter the city,’ then the famine is in the city and we will die there; and if we sit here, we die also. Now therefore come, and let us [c]go over to the camp of the Arameans. If they spare us, we will live; and if they kill us, we will but die.”
- Put Your foot on it
- Vs3 Every place on which the sole of your foot treads, I have given it to you, just as I spoke to Moses.
- You have a part to play. God will did His part, Do you part
- Exodus 23:31 I will fix your boundary from the [q]Red Sea to the sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the River Euphrates; for I will deliver the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you will drive them out before you.
- Paul, Lystra, Lame man, arise!
- Acts 14:“ 8 At Lystra a man was sitting who had no strength in his feet, lame from his mother’s womb, who had never walked. 9 This man was listening to Paul as he spoke, who, when he had fixed his gaze on him and had seen that he had faith to be [f]made well, 10 said with a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet.” And he leaped up and began to walk.”
- God sets your borders
- V.4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon, even as far as the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and as far as the Great Sea toward the setting of the sun will be your territory.
- Your sets are ordered, orchestrated by the Lord
- Psalm 37: 23 The steps of a man are established by the Lord, And He delights in his way. 24 When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the Lord is the One [f]who holds his hand. 25 I have been young and now I am old, Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken Or his [g]descendants begging bread. 26 All day long he is gracious and lends, And his [h]descendants are a blessing.
- Your boundaries are not limited by what your enemy is telling you. Your boundaries are not limited by what those around are telling you. Your name by not be up in light, or you face carved on a mountain, but what God has for you is supernatural!
- God will not fail you
- V. 5 No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.
- God is for you. Nothing can stand against you.
- Romans 8: 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
- God is not expecting you to make it happen. He is expecting you to obey Him and believe that He can make it happen.
- Stand on the promises
- V. 6 Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.
- Faith and Patience Obtains the Promises
- Hebrews 6:11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence [j]so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 so that you will not be sluggish, but imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
- Obey the Word of God
- V. 7 Only be strong and very courageous; [b]be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may [c]have success wherever you go. 8 This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may [d]be careful to do according to all that is written in it;
- We must do what God’s Word says
- Proverbs 4: 20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. 21 Do not let them depart from your sight; Keep them in the midst of your heart. 22 For they are life to those who find them And health to all [g]their body. 23 Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life.
- Know its Gods Will for you to prosper and succeed
- V. 8 for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will [e]have success.
- 3 John 2 – Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.
- Psalm 118: 24 This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. 25 O Lord, do save, we beseech You; O Lord, we beseech You, do send prosperity!
- Fear not… God it with you
- V. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Isaiah 43: But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! 2 “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.
- Hebrews 13:5 *SECOND HALF* for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,” 6 so that we confidently say, “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?”
- It’s time to be a conqueror!
- Stand up. Be strong. Refuse to give into fear!
- You will take possession of every promise from God’s Word.
God is empowering you to reach a region with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit and the love of God.
We love you. Looking forward to seeing you at Evangel North Church Sunday 9AM & 11AM and Wednesday 7PM.
Pastors John & Erin Carmichael
Evangel North Church – Reaching a region with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit and the love of God.